About JustinJames

My photo
Justin James, 28, Photographic Artist living on the Gold Coast of Queensland, originally from the Mornington Peninsula of Melbourne.. Relatively new to the world of commercial Art, with most of his pieces remaining unseen by the public. Previous, unexhibited series include: Sirens (1999), These Dark Ages (2004), The Untitled (2005), Deliverance (2007), Debut Exhibition with Bendigo Artist Angela Morrissey in 2009 was called "Mysteries & Mania", followed closely by his Debut Solo Exhibition called 'Memories On White" both at The Brunswick Street Gallery in Melbourne. "...My Art is that of the imagination and the mysterious, I try to find a mystery or a secret in everything I see, so when I begin a piece it becomes its own entity, and is rarely what I first imagined it would be.. But that is the beauty of my work, it creates itself, I merely put it together..." The 12 Apostles series is a work in progress that will be the relaunch of the JustinJames name in the art world of Australia, stay tuned.

Sunday 4 December 2011

Renovations Of The Subconscious


I had a dream last night, and no, I am not Martin Luther King, and it wasn't one of those dreams..
Not many of my blog followers will know this, but I have the ability to revisit dream sequences, basically this means that I can wake up completely, and go back to sleep and jump back into a dream where I left it. Unfortunately this can also work for nightmares, there's always a downside.. This 'ability' (and I only say 'ability' as I've yet to hear of anyone else being able to do it, so I figure I'm a minority at best) also allows me to revisit dream 'places', or 'sets' if you will. For instance, I had a dream about a place called 'Dreamers Cove', which was a scrub land with a beautiful ocean cove, but the scrub-land was like a natural maze that you had to find your way through to reach the cove. I made it to the cove on my first dream, and yes it was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. I dreamt of that place about 15 times (15 nights) over a 3 month period, each time trying to get back to the cove, each time getting a little closer, my subconscious memory was so good that I started drawing arrows in the sandy track which remained there each time I revisited the dream. I had almost made it back to the cove through the maze when I stopped having the dreams.. I hear you ask why I didn't just “use my ability” to go back, but unfortunately my ability is not controlled, it just happens, so I am yet to return to Dreamers Cove. But alas I'm getting off topic again! I revisited a place or 'set' last night, this particular place hasn't got a discernible 'name' like Dreamers Cove as yet. It's important I describe the place as it was on my first and second visits;
The place is a coast of some description, whether its a lake, river or ocean is anyone’s guess, but it has water and cliffs. The cliffs are natural, steep and water rounded. The actual shore is not sand, but stones, of differing sizes (smaller in and at the waters edge, getting bigger as you move away from the water) but at their biggest against the cliff-face, here you have to really climb rock boulder to rock boulder to get anywhere, but there isn't far you can go anyway, not 50 meters ahead the cliff cuts left out into the water creating a cove of the area, and the cliff is unclimbable, so I was left both times wondering what was on the other side.
In tonight’s dream, yes I'm finally getting to the point, I revisited this particular place and my subconscious has been uber busy renovating this area! The big boulder to boulder area has now been laser cut square and has a mesh-like ramped pathway to get on top, which now leads you to the cliff-face which cut left to the water, but now it has a nifty door “into” the cliff face which is now hollow and built with walls and floors and lights like any house, and which last night contained people inside, all heading to the water on the other side of the cliff face for a swim (how this water is different to that on the previous side is as yet unknown) but I didn't actually make it there, as I was heading to the exit door with the rest of the people, a large black woman slapped me hello on the back and near gave me whiplash, this in turn triggered my brain to think of something else and put me on a new dream sequence about adverts for that exercise thing that you hold in your hands (you know the thing that looks like a plastic rolling pin?) and it jumps up and down?? Highly disappointing I know, hence the reason I'm now up in the middle of the night typing this out before I forget it. But anyway, I found last night that my subconscious does reno's if anyone needs a new extension ect..


No comments:

Post a Comment