About JustinJames

My photo
Justin James, 28, Photographic Artist living on the Gold Coast of Queensland, originally from the Mornington Peninsula of Melbourne.. Relatively new to the world of commercial Art, with most of his pieces remaining unseen by the public. Previous, unexhibited series include: Sirens (1999), These Dark Ages (2004), The Untitled (2005), Deliverance (2007), Debut Exhibition with Bendigo Artist Angela Morrissey in 2009 was called "Mysteries & Mania", followed closely by his Debut Solo Exhibition called 'Memories On White" both at The Brunswick Street Gallery in Melbourne. "...My Art is that of the imagination and the mysterious, I try to find a mystery or a secret in everything I see, so when I begin a piece it becomes its own entity, and is rarely what I first imagined it would be.. But that is the beauty of my work, it creates itself, I merely put it together..." The 12 Apostles series is a work in progress that will be the relaunch of the JustinJames name in the art world of Australia, stay tuned.

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Melbourne Tour 14th - 27th September 2011

It has been a whirlwind tour of Melbourne and surrounds that I have just completed!

Firstly, a momentous thank you and apology to Patricia Telle for making the tour possible and throwing an awesome 40th Birthday Party (although still passing for 30!), I hope my presence was worth the outlay:)

I was able to stay with a lot of friends while on tour and thank you's must go out to those who put me up and made me very comfortable during my stays; Krystal & Simon, Patricia Telle, Carolyn & JoJo, Tamarie Buckland, Dad & Mandy, and of course Krystal & Simon again:)

I would also like to thank all those who I managed to see and spend time with that made my trip even more valuable; Shane Mathews, Kylie, Luke, Sam & little Jabob, Norma & Ian, Vicky & Ian, Angie & Steve, Ernie & Dad, Mandy & my brother Blair, Cindy Holmes, Jenny Smith, Steve Peacock (and his sexy shirt) Tammy, and of course the sailor that drove us home..

A special thanks to Shane for driving my sorry ass around, and to my man Zane for picking me up and making me so eager to get home again..

Apologies to those who I didn't get the chance to see, be it time and lack of transport being my enemy; Lesley Heron, Karla Heron, Joan Reed, Jill Howard, Denise Grey, Gilly Cassidy, Karl Williams, Judy Bishop, Leanne McKenzie, Tony Boulton, Libby Matcott.

I had a wonderful time with all those listed above, I love each and every one of you dearly, and I am so thankful to call you friends and family.  I hope to see all of you again soon (once I defrost from your godawful weather!  I am definitely a Gold Coast convert now!)

Justin James

No comments:

Post a Comment